Sunday, September 25, 2011

Intro

My name is Carolyn.  I am writing this blog to share my story of being parentally abducted at the age of 5.  There are many myths about this subject including the myth: "How bad could it be, the kids with a parent?"  I was taken from everyone and everything I knew, driven 800 miles from my home, my mother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, my neighborhood, my school, favorite toys and personal possessions and dropped off on people I did not know and who did not know me.  My father did this to exact revenge, not out of love.  This began my 7 year long ordeal.
The Department of Justice reports that over 200,000 children are victims of family abduction every year. Some are subjected to a life on the run, identity changes, as well as physical and/or sexual abuse.  This has become a crime in all 50 states and in the District of Columbia.

I started this blog with the purpose of sharing my experience with people and finding others who can relate or are interested in learning more about this subject.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I'm listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very heartbreaking. Kudos for your courage to share. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being brave enough to come forward and share your story. I'm going to copy it and put it on the Left Behind Parent Blog and Facebook page I've started. If you have any problems with this please let me know.

    ReplyDelete